After getting some info about chatbots, now it’s time to create a chatbot with API PLUG.
- If you don’t have an API PLUG account you can click here to create one for free, or login from this link.
- Click to Add New Chatbot Project button on your API PLUG dashboard and start a new chatbot project.
- Enter some details about your new project and click to Create Bot button. If you need to change these information later, you could find Bot Settings button on your project page.
- After creating your new bot project you will see your chatbot project details page. You could find stats, settings, conversation history and storyboard list in this page.
- Click to the blue Edit Storyboard button and you will see automatically generated sample blocks for your chatbot.
- Click to the edit button on the first Send Message Action Block. Then edit message field then click to Save button to save and close this dialog.
- As a second step click to the edit button on second Wait Response Block. In this dialog you will see the information gathering & action groups parts. You can select information type and label for the answer. Also you can set validation for this information. Then on the action groups part select the keywords for routing conversation to other blocks or storyboards. The action names are just for visualisation on storyboard view you can set anything which reminds you the keyword group.
- Then your storyboard will look like this below. Now it is time to route the bot according to the answers. As we stated above we have 2 different action groups. API Plug automatically creates a “other” route too. If any other keywords doesn’t match then conversation will continue from this “other” route.
- If you pull little blue circle under the yes action you can create a new action block for this route. Apply the same thing to the no route too.
- If your visitor tells another keyword than you have defined, then bot will continue through other route. This time you could help your visitor by using quick reply buttons. To do this pull the blue circle under the other route then select action type as “send quick reply” then add quick reply buttons.
- After saving Quick Reply Action block connect that block again to Wait Response block to continue conversation.
Congratulations you have created your first chatbot. Now you can test it and the publish to your web page & Facebook page.
To test your chatbot click on the Chatbot Live Demo button on storyboard. At any time you can type Start Over to reset the conversation and start from beginning. If you like you can change these keywords from bot settings page.
Also you could get Demo Page Link from Chatbot Live Demo box at bot details page.
Chatbot Web Widget & Facebook Messenger Bot
Currently you have two options for publishing your bot.
Facebook Messenger Bot
You can click to the FB Messenger Settings button on chatbot details page and login with a FB user who has the admin privileges of the page you want to publish.
After FB login it will show you the pages that you have admin privilege. Select the page your want to publish and thats all. Your chatbot is ready & live on your Facebook Page.
At anytime you can click to Disconnect button to deactivate your chatbot.
If you have a website you could click to Web Widget Settings button and get all neccesary JS code to place on your web page. You can customize look of your web widget with this page.
After changing settings and test it with preview button you can copy the code inside Web Widget Embed Code box to the place on your web page.
As you see it is really easy to create a chatbot in minutes without coding. You can extend your chatbots conversation as long as you want. If you need more advanced integrations you could connect to your API’s with our webhooks. You can read webhooks documentation from here.
You can reach us from [email protected] for any questions.